I’ve mentioned this before, but the towel racks in our bathrooms needed some serious updating. And it turns out that copper is a perfect solution! I quickly made this towel rack the other month and it has been holding up so well I decided to make another, but slightly different towel rack.
- Copper pipe (cut into whatever length you want the rack to be- mine is 22 inches) //
- Pipe cutter //
- Gorilla glue //
- Paint in two colors //
- Painters tape //
- Wood glue //
- Wood blocks (4 1″ blocks) //
1. Take two wood blocks and glue them together using wood glue. Repeat with the last two blocks and wait for the glue to dry.
2. Use painter’s tape to tape off half the block at a diagonal.
3. Paint both blocks in two colors of your choice. Once the paint has dried, remove the tape.
4. Use gorilla glue to attach the copper pipe. I place a good sized amount around the middle and then held the pipe for about 10 minutes until it was dry enough to release. Then wait for the glue to dry completely.
5. Repeat on the other side.
Ok so the one thing I’ll tell you is holding the pipe while the glue dried got old pretty fast. I am sure there is a better way to attach the pipe to the wood so if you have any ideas, leave them in the comments!