Of course we needed some sort of garland for Valentine’s day! And as much as I adore all the bright pink and red Valentine’s stuff out there I wanted something a little more subtle for my house. Also, balsa wood is seriously the best as I am quickly learning!
- BALSA WOOD (I USED 1/16” BALSA WOOD I FOUND ON AMAZON) //
- paint brush //
- paint in 3-4 colors //
- Pencil //
- Scissors //
- Twine //
- Painter’s tape
- Hot glue gun and hot glue //
1. Trace a heart on the balsa wood and cut out. Use the first one as a template for the rest. Use scissors to cut the hearts out.
2. Use painter’s tape to block off half of each heart, alternating sides.
3. Paint one side of each heart using 3-4 colors. I chose light pink, mint and light coral/orange.
4. Once the paint has dried, take the tape off.
5. Use hot glue or tape to secure the twine to the back of each heart for the garland.
I actually think I may leave this garland up way past Valentine’s day!