Tomorrow is National Watermelon Day! So we decided to celebrate by having Watermelon Week this week here at AJR! Watermelon Week friends! So much pink and green goodness that culminates in a cute and sweet little party. This party includes tons of fun printables and craft ideas to throw your own little watermelon bash and today I’m sharing how to make mini honeycomb watermelons! I adore these little guys and stringing them up as a garland over the treat table really tied the whole thing together. Click through to see how to get your own sweet little melons!
- honeycomb paper in pink and green //
- scissors //
- template //
- black sharpie //
- glue stick //
- string/bakers twine and needle
1. Trace templates onto green and pink honeycomb papers. I got mine from the Oh Happy Day party shop. You will use the smaller one for the pink and you’ll only need half as many as the green ones. Be sure to trace with the lines going side to side horizontally.
2. Cut them out.
3. Find about the middle of the pink ones and rip it apart.
4. Apply glue to one side of the green circles.
5. Glue one of the pink ones to the green.
6. Glue them all at once so the glue has some time to cure.
7. Apply glue to other side.
8. Open it up and attach the pink to the green.
9. If you want a garland, use a needle on thread and stick it through the middle of the ball.
10. Not shown (oopsie!) Use a permanent marker to draw little black seeds on the pink part.