I love this little swan so much! He is calming to me for some reason but his face also looks a little bit upset as well which is pretty much how I feel. The upset part, not the calm. I am fine, don’t worry, just over being at home all the time! It will be ok, we will all get through this. I am amazed at what humans can quickly adapt to and how resilient we all are. But a change of scene would be nice right about now.
And I keep thinking of the first time my son saw swans. We were in Arizona visiting family and there was a little pond at a nearby park with swans he just stared at them. He was 7 months old and didn’t scream or crawl to them, just looked out at the water and observed them. I need to take him to see some swans now and see what his reaction is like a year later. The other day he screamed with delight over a worm and ant so I think he would be pretty stoked about a swan! For now he has this little DIY swan that he can interact with and destroy.
- Toilet paper roll
- White paper
- Swan clip art
1. Cover the toilet paper roll with white paper.
2. Download and print the swan clip art.
3. Cut out the swan head, tail, and wings.
4. Glue the head to the top right of the roll.
5. Glue the two wings to the front of the roll, staggering them slightly.
6. Glue the tail to the left top of the roll.