Happy New Years EVE!! I cannot believe 2014 is over! It was such an eventful year and definitely one of the best yet! Watch out for a recap of A Joyful Riot’s highlights over this past year coming soon. For now – sprinkle numbers!
Yesterday we shared an ice cream themed NYE celebration and to go with that party post we are going to make these sprinkle numbers. Because of course you need giant numbers to herald in the new year and what better way for these to be decorated than with sprinkles?! Pair this with ice cream cones and you’ll have a screaming fun time!
- Cardboard //
- Glue //
- Sprinkles //
- Scissors //
1. Trace your numbers on cardboard and cut out.
2. Apply glue liberally to the cardboard. I have found that tacky glue works best.
3. Coat the glue in sprinkles and wait for it to dry. Shake excess sprinkles off.
4. Cut small strips or cardboard about 2 inches long and an inch wide. Bend about a fourth of the strip back like below.
5. Use hot glue or other strong glue to secure the strip to the bottom of each number. Wait for the glue to dry.