If you are doing weeks of birthday tutorials, you have to include a cake topper in your list. Luckily this one only takes about 5 minutes and you are all set so if you are looking for a last minute cake or treat topper, you are all set!
- Patterned paper //
- Cone template //
- Hot glue gun //
- Tissue paper //
- Scissors //
- Lollipop stick (a small dowel or a straw works too!) //
1. Print and cut out the cone template and trace unto your patterned paper. Use any scrapbook paper or wrapping paper you have on hand or download our free patterns below and print unto cardstock.
2. Roll your paper into a cone just to get the shape right before adding glue. Apply whatever glue you’d like to one edge.
3. Next make a mini tassel. Cut a rectangle of tissue paper about 2″ x 5″. Fold this in half three times hamburger style and then once the other direction. Cut a tiny fringe, unfold once, roll it up and then fold it back in half and twist it together. I made mine a little larger at first so I ended up trimming the top. If you cut it the size above you should be fine though!
4. Use hot glue to attach the mini tassel to the top of the cone and then use glue to secure the lollipop stick in the bottom of the hat!
Place the little party hat on top of your cake or other treat and party on!