Start the summer vibes early with these DIY paper plate pool floats! Free printables for swans, flamingos, parrots, toucans and rainbow unicorns included!
So I know that the adorable animal pool floats came out and had their hay-day a few years back. But they are still around and popular as ever. And we are still obsessed with them!
If you are wondering what else you can make at home without having to go to the store or do another pick-up order these are a simple plate craft! I am very into making things with paper plates because they are cheap, versatile, and make for a great quarantine craft with kids.
- Paper plate
- Paint in gold/brown, pink, red, and black
- Pool float printable
1. Download the printables you want. You can choose from: a rainbow unicorn, a swan, a flamingo, a black swan, a toucan, a gold swan, or a parrot.
There are printables facing both ways so you can choose which side you want!
2. Fold the paper plate in half. You might want to add some tape in the middle of the plate to make it more secure.
3. Paint your paper plates in coordinating colors. Black for the toucan or black swan, pink for the flamingo, bold for the gold swan, and red for the parrot. Leave the plate as is for the unicorn and white swan.
4. Print out your desired pool float printables and cut them out.
5. Glue the heads, wings, and tails to the paper plates. I used a glue stick but any glue would work. Refer to pictures for placement.
That is all! They are so fast, except for the paint drying and if you want to skip painting you could also just cover the plates in construction paper! Or only do the swan and unicorn!