Narwhals are such cool animals! They look like unicorn whales – but their tusk is not a horn, it is actually a canine tooth that comes out of the left side of the jaw through the lip! It also is more common in males – only about 15% of females grow a tusk. I did not realize that before making these – so I guess these narwhals are males! But you don’t need to tell your kids that – you can just tell them you are making unicorn whales. Except that narwhals are real, not imaginary like unicorns!
I love crafts that use toilet paper rolls because it is something you already have and they can be used in so many ways. If you have any unused rolls lying around, spend the afternoon creating these cute whales!
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Blue construction or cardstock paper
- White paper
- Silver market
- Pen or Marker
1. Cut triangles out of plain copy paper and roll them up from the corner to make a cone shape and glue it shut.
2. Use a gray marker to draw the lines down the tusk.
3. Measure a strip of paper long enough and wide enough for your toilet paper tube and then cut to size.
4. Glue the paper to the toilet paper tube.
5. Cut out two fins and a heart for the tail.
6. Glue the heart tail in the middle of the toilet paper roll.
7. Glue both fins on the sides of the toilet paper roll.
8. Glue the tusk in the middle top of the toilet paper roll.
9. Optional: draw eyes and a smile no the font of the roll, in between the fins.
I feel like these guys are so silly and cute, I love them!