I’m actually not sure what I love more, banana Moon Pies or cheeseburgers….
I really truly adore both! But there is one thing I do love more than either of those and that is themed/decorated food. I really think its just delightful to take an already amazing treat up a notch and have it fit for celebrating!
So I am really into these Moon Pies. Like seriously digging them! Every time I’ve looked at one for the past few months its just been begging me to make it into a faux cheeseburger so I was finally like “okay okay” and I busted out my cake decorating gear (don’t worry, just food color and icing is necessary for these! and Moon Pies…) and whipped up these little delights that are totally ready to party with you guys this summer!
Wouldn’t they be so perfect for your BBQs, family reunion, Dad’s birthday (ahem. MY birthday…)?! These are so easy to whip up and really take this iconic dessert out of this world (see what I did there?)! Click through to see how I made them and then craft some up yourself for your family to flip over (I can’t stop!)!
- banana or lemon double decker Moon Pies //
- red and brown gel food coloring or food color pens //
- green fondant //
- rolling pin //
- knife //
- paintbrushes //
1. Take a red pen or dip a paintbrush in red gel color and color the bottom marshmallow layer
2. Do the same thing on the middle graham layer with brown coloring. I only colored the outer edge because I wanted some yellow to show on top for “cheese”.
3. Roll out some fondant (you can buy this ready made in the cake decorating section at most stores or make your own). Cut it in strips and bend them up into leaf looking pieces. Stick them between the top two graham layers.
Bam! Sweet cheeseburgers ready for a party! No grill necessary and they’ll stay fresh out of the fridge (in a container) for like….idk…a while. ;) Enjoy!!