I think Valentine’s day is just too cute!! All the hearts and the reds and pinks. While I was getting out my supplies for these valentines I was so in love with the colors together! I also LOVE the tradition of giving and getting valentines. Little cards with lovely expressions usually accompanied by little gifts! And when you’re a kid and you get one from every person in your class, it’s such a feel good day!
Now what if I told you you don’t have to give candy to give an awesome valentine?! Do you know anyone who wouldn’t be delighted to get their own valentine party blowout? I personally know I would’ve loved to get this at any age! They’re a real quick little craft with supplies you probably already have and you can grab the heart printables for free below!
Paper straws cut into thirds
Tissue paper cut into 2″x3″ rectangles and fringed on one end
Glassine bags cut into 1.5″x6″ strips
Free heart printables
1. Apply glue to one long edge of your glassine strips and fold it over, pressing edges together.
2. Flatten this piece out so that the crease is now in themiddle of it. Tape one end shut and insert a paper straw piece in the other end and tape all the way around it to seal it.
3. Use another straw to tightly wrap your blowout around.
4. Apply glue to a tissue square on the end opposite of your fringe and wrap this around the end, covering the tape you applied in step 2.
5. Print out the hearts at 100% and attach the blowouts to the middle or print them at 50%, punch a hole right in the middle and slide the straw through it.
There are four different sayings made for you so you can choose whichever you’d like or use a combination of them all! “I’m blown away by you”; “It’s a party with you”; “it would blow if you weren’t mine”; and “Calling you Valentine wouldn’t blow”. Grab them all here: