Marble and copper sure make a pretty duo, don’t you think? I have been having such a fun time coming up with new ways to incorporate the two into my home and my latest little nightstand has proven very useful. Especially when I have fresh flowers to place on top – because what is more refreshing than waking up to flowers?
- 1/2 inch Copper pipe (cut into 4 15″ pieces, 2 20″ pieces, and 2 10′ pieces) //
- Pipe cutter //
- Marble tile in 12×24″ (I found this at Home Depot) //
- Gorilla glue //
- Pencil //
- Measuring tape or ruler //
- 4 Pressure tees //
- 4 90 degree elbows
1. Use your pipe cutter to cut the pipe into the above lengths (4 15″ pieces, 2 20″ pieces, and 2 10′ pieces).
7. Now take the gorilla glue and add it to every time the pipe meets a tee or elbow. Alternatively, you could do this as you are building but you may want to want to the end to sort of reconstruct the table and redo it just to make sure it is put together correctly (otherwise the glue dries pretty fast).
8. Optional: add some gorilla glue to the space in between the pipe and marble. I actually don’t think you need this and it should work fine if you life the legs up and then just place the tile on top.