Told you all that more lemon and lime crafts were coming up! I made this centerpiece for a lemon and lime party that I will be posting soon. Stay tuned for tons of bright green and yellow goodness.
The idea for this came from two places – first Machelle’s amazingly happy fruity straws and second from the House that Lars Built’s balloon centerpiece that I just love and thought would make a great base for this project. And obviously now that I have done this I will probably do the same thing with all fruits. Like how the lemon straws proved to be a good pilot project, consider this the first of many more fruity projects and centerpieces!
- Yellow and green balloons – regular size or water balloons (I used both) //
- Balloon pump //
- Tape //
- Green paper //
1. Blow up your balloons. A balloon pump makes this so much easier! I started with four normal sized balloons and then blew up some water balloons later.
2. Add tape to the bottom of each balloon and attach to a paper or plastic tablecloth. I started with my four larger balloons.
3. Once you have attached a few balloons, begin filling up additional balloons to fill in the gaps. I did the four large ones first then added some water balloons until I liked how it looked.
4. Cut out leaf shapes from green cardstock paper.
5. Fold the bottom of the leaf to give it a shape and then tape two leaves on top of each balloon.
See why fruity balloon crafts are quickly becoming our favorite? They are just so much fun! Bright tablescapes are always a win.