Eeeeeek! I am so excited about my newest Halloween decoration/the cutest little lawn flamingos I’ve ever seen/this post! haha, I sure hope this post makes up for the colossal break we’ve had since the last post. I kinda think it might….I mean..
Look at these little cuties! So last year I saw several people sharing around skeleton lawn flamingos and they were so awesome! I was thinking how cool it would be to have a whole fleet of them in my yard for Halloween. But then, I thought “why not make them all into different Halloween-themed things?!” A flamingo can dress up just as good as a human can and I believe this post proves it!
And in the end, I didn’t even make a skeleton haha! Honestly, it seemed like more work than I wanted to do and I wanted to put out a wholly unique set of Halloween lawn flamingos. So! We have a black cat, a ghost, a devil, a mummy, a superhero, a witch (probably my fave!), a jack o’ lantern pumpkin, frankenstein, bride of frankenstein, and a hippie (ok, maybe this one is my fave!).
I’m pretty enamored with these little guys! I think any one of them would be a great addition to anyone’s Halloween decor but the whole party of em is pretty dang fun, wouldn’t ya say?!
I grabbed this set of 10 flamingos from Home Depot, right here. Instructions (and closeups!) for each flamingo is given below. Not included in all the materials lists is a hot glue gun (I used it on every one).
Superhero Lawn Flamingo Costume
- felt in two colors//
- paint in one of those colors//
- Cut one color of felt into a little cape shape (seen below)
- Embellish with the other color in any fashion of your choosing
- Paint around the flamingo’s eyes a superhero mask
DIY Black Cat Lawn Flamingo Costume
- Black spray paint//
- Yellow acrylic paint//
- small paintbrush//
- black marker//
- pre-made cat accessories or black and pink felt
- Paint flamingo black.
- Paint the eyes yellow.
- Color in the pupils black with a marker.
- I found this awesome cat accessory pack at Dollar Tree but you could easily make your own ears and tail from felt. I cut the ears down quite a bit and attached with hot glue. Attach tail with hot glue too.
- Use black marker to color toothpicks. Cut in half. Attach to face like whiskers using hot glue
DIY Lawn Flamingo Devil Costume
- Red spray paint//
- Devil costume accessories or felt felt
- I nabbed this great set of pre-made devil accessories from Dollar Tree. But you could easily make little horns and a tail from red felt.
- I cut the horns down a lot smaller.
- Attach accessories to flamingo with hot glue.
DIY Lawn Flamingo Jack O’ Lanter Pumpkin Costume
- orange spray paint//
- green tape//
- black paint and paintbrush (I actually ended up using a sharpie instead!)
- Paint entire flamingo orange.
- Use a black permanent marker to draw a classic Jack O’ Lantern face on each side of the flamingo.
- I used green painters tape to just make a little stem and hot glued it on. You could paint any small cylinder green.
DIY Bride of Frankenstein Lawn Flamingo Costume
- black and white spray paint//
- black permanent marker//
- white paint and paintbrush//
- black spiderwebbing
- Paint flamingo head white.
- Paint body black without worrying about taping off (unless you want to).
- Make a little “wig” by cutting off a cylinder of black spiderweb. Paint a white line up the sides of this hair. Hot glue to head of flamingo
- Use black marker to make “stitches” around face and neck.
DIY Hippie Lawn Flamingo Costume
- A few fun colors of spray paint//
- floral fabric//
- peace sign necklace//
- fake flowers
- Spray paint flamingo in a tie dye type pattern with some fun colors. It was much easier to do this than I thought it would be, just spray in random places with colors like purple, turquoise, green, yellow!
- Pull off fake flowers and attach randomly all over flamingo with hot glue.
- Hang peace sign necklace/s over the flamingo’s neck.
- Attach a tied strip of floral fabric around head with hot glue.
DIY Mummy Costume for a Lawn Flamingo
- Off white fabric
- Tear fabric into strips.
- Wrap around flamingo, attaching with hot glue.
DIY Frankenstein Lawn Flamingo Costume
- green and black spray paint//
- black permanent marker//
- black spiderwebs//
- aluminum foil//
- push pins
- Spray paint flamingo head green.
- When dry, tape off at the base of the neck and spray paint the body black.
- Make a little hair coif out of black spiderwebbing and hot glue onto head.
- Push pins into the neck.
- Cover push pins in aluminum foil.
- Draw random stitching on Frankenstein’s face and neck.
DIY Lawn Flamingo Ghost Costume
- White fabric//
- Cut white fabric the right length for it to drape over the flamingo.
- Mark where eyes are on the fabric and then cut little eye holes out
- Attach fabric to flamingo with hot glue.
DIY Witch Costume for a Lawn Flamingo
- Green and black spray paint//
- mini witch hat (got these cute hair clips at H&M)//
- Small wood dowel//
- mini cauldron (optional)
- First spray paint the head of the flamingo green.
- Tape off around the neck, then spray paint the rest of the body black.
- Make a mini broom with twine and mini dowel.
- Hot glue mini witch hat onto flamingo head.
- Hot glue mini broom into place on its side.
- I found the mini cauldron at Walmart.
So which one is your fave?!