In general I am not a car person. However, one exception is vintage cars and vans. Like VW vans. Every time I see one on the road I get so excited! They usually are in amazing colors and are just cute. I don’t know if you should call cars cute, but these vans are.
I was looking at some cute vintage car graphics the other day while my son had a juice box and realized that a juice box is a perfect shape for a van or truck! So in addition to my toilet paper rolls, I am now saving all juice boxes for future craft projects! Don’t worry – I don’t have a crazy amount of them because I try to limit juice drinking to healthier choices BUT they are a helpful treat to have on hand!
- Empty juice box
- Glue Stick
- Construction paper in white, black, and another color of your choosing
- Hot Glue
- Black marker or pen
1. Wrap the juice box like a present with any color of construction paper.
2. Cut out a strip of white paper that is slightly longer than the juice box and is a little bit sloped at the end.
3. Glue the white paper to the top of the juice box.
4. Use a marker or pen to draw four windows on the white paper. The window at the front should be slightly longer than the other three windows.
5. Cut out 4 circles from cardboard and 4 of the same size from black construction paper.
6. Glue black paper to the 4 circles. You can also paint these black but I wanted to avoid painting for this project.
7. Cut out 4 slightly smaller circles from white paper.
8. Glue the white paper to the middle of the cardboard circles. These are the tires!
9. Attach the tires to the bottom of the juice box using hot glue or shipping tape.
The shipping tape fo the tires is sturdy enough but if you want this to be used for playing I would recommend hot glue or even brads.