I am truly having a lot of fun finding new crafts to do with recycled goods! Turns out necessity really helps bring out my creativity. I am only a little bit bummed that I made this recently because it would have been a really good Mother’s Day DIY. Maybe next year!
These are such fun and you can make the vase vertical like I did or horizontal for more of a planter look! You can also draw or paint designs on the juice box and you can make the flowers using any material you have on hand! I quickly drew some but some water color flowers would be stunning! So many fun options here!
- Juice box
- Construction paper
- Colored pencils/crayons
- Pen or pencil
- Wood dowels
1. Cover the juice box with paper. It is easiest to wrap it like a gift box with tape.
2. Poke holes in the top of the box with an awl or needle. You can do this horizontally or vertically depending on how you want the vase to look at the end. Repeat 1 to 2 more times (for as many flowers as you want).
3. Place a wood dowel in the hole. The ones I got were not very long but depending on the length of the dowel you may have to trim it.
4. Draw and color some flowers.
5. Cut out the flowers.
6. Tape the flowers to the dowels.
Three wood dowels are probably the maximum you want to do on an average juice box top. If you placed it horizontally you could fit a lot more in – probably 6 or 7 even.