I love furry home decor accents, like this CB2 stool. But it’s $349! *Insert screaming face emoji here*. Even though that stool is beautiful, even if I could afford it, it wouldn’t work for what I was looking for because of the gold accents and the general style, it just wasn’t going to suit my living room area.
So, when I was at Ikea the other week and saw these little plant stands, I immediately thought they’d make the quickest little copy cats and at $13, it really wasn’t even much of a risk! I also picked the fur up at Ikea, their faux sheepskin rug (also $13) will make at least three of these stools. Add a little batting, and you’re only looking at about $18 per stool which is probably about the cheapest footrest you could ever find, forget one that’s so chic!
- Ikea plant stand //
- Faux fur (we used this rug) //
- Hot glue and gun //
- Scissors //
- Batting //
1. Lay the top of the plant stand upside down on top of about four layers of batting and trace a circle around the stand.
2. Cut out the batting.
3. Hot glue it lightly to the stand.
4. Now lay the batting-covered stand upside down on your rug. For this first stool we used the curved end of the rug as it was a perfect fit around the stand. Trace around about an 1″ from the stand.
5. Cut this out.
6. Brush away from the edges when your hands to remove any free fur from cutting.
7. Hot glue the fur around the edges onto the bottom of the stand.
8. Assemble the stand according to the included directions. If the fur makes it impossible to lay the parts flat for assembly, as the instructions show, then hold the parts at a slight angle, as shown in the above photo.
Now as much I love this little guy (and I’m planning on making at least one more!) I cannot wait for my daughter Stella to wake up from her nap and see it. That girl just LOVES anything soft and especially anything furry! She also loves anything that is just the right size for her to sit on, little stools, stairs, etc. I have a feeling she may be carrying this stool around with her all over the house and it will become her permeant little seat.
And here the stool is, in the room it’s actually meant to inhabit, a little less colorful of a space and I don’t have many decorations or decorative pillows there yet so I thought photos in my sitting room would look better. But I do love the texture of it mixed with the texture of our rug! We desperately needed some footrests/ottomans by this couch so I’m excited to have these done. Now if we ever set up our TV in that room, maybe we’ll actually use them there :D