Seriously, out of 100 photos Malissa and I took, that ^ is the best face I made (thumbs down!). Nevertheless I got to stand next to Malissa and we both got these new scarves to wear that were SO easy to make! So its ok that my face is a perma-half-smile-squinty-scowl-thing in all the pictures. I guess…
Malissa, however, is the epitome of gorgeousness. As per usual. At least 50% of this team brought their game face to picture day!
And ok, this isn’t actually “gold foiling” but it looks like it and its way easier so click through for the very simple, washable DIY!
- Infinity scarves //
- Gold metallic enamel paint //
- Fabric medium //
- Paint brush
1. You’ll need scarves to paint. I bought these sets at Walmart for $5 but making infinity scarves is soo easy, just search google for a tutorial!
2. Mix your paint and fabric medium (available by the paints in the store) following the instructions.
3. Paint brush strokes all over your scarf. I inserted a poster board so I could do a lot at once and not have it leak through.
4. Make sure to remove whatever you’ve inserted to stop the leaking and hang to dry, otherwise your paint will seep through and dry to that paper. Not good!
That’s it! Simple right?!
Unlike me making a good face for pictures which is apparently very NOT simple.
But I do love these little scarves. They would have been perfect for St. Patty’s day!
“Haha Machelle, why can’t you just be pretty like me?!” I don’t know Malissa. I don’t know.