Combine 2 favorite breakfasts with these fruity pebbles cereal milk muffins. These muffins include fruity pebbles cereal milk to really up the cereal flavor!
I am so excited to share this recipe with you all! It is the first recipe that I have posted to the blog, Machelle is usually the one coming up with yummy fun treats. But I guess desperation calls for desperate things like baking!
We recently revisited our cereal milk coffee creamers and that inspired me to try baking something with cereal. Fruity pebbles are probably the best cereal to add to recipes like cookies and cupcakes. After treats, breakfast foods are my favorite, and muffins are basically just another form of cupcakes am I right? I replaced the normal milk or buttermilk you have in muffins with cereal milk to add more of a fruity pebble punch. So instead of just fruity pebble muffins, you have fruity pebble cereal milk muffins! I hope you like it!
Fruity Pebble Cereal Milk Muffins
- 2 cup Flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups fruity pebbles
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the cereal milk
- Put 2 cups of cereal in a bowl and pour 2 cups of milk over it.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Place a mesh sieve over another bowl and pour the cereal and milk into it.
- Use the back of a spoon to press the cereal down and strain all the milk out through the sieve.
- Place the soggy cereal back into the milk and allow to sit for another 10 minutes.
- Repeat steps 3-4.
- Discard cereal. You should now have roughly 1 cup of cereal milk.
For the Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl, beat egg with a fork. Stir in 1 cup of the cereal milk, vanilla extract, and oil.
- Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture.
- Mix quickly and lightly with a fork until moistened, but do not beat. The batter will be lumpy.
- Stir in 1 cup of fruity pebbles.
- Pour the batter into paper-lined muffin pan cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.