You guys wouldn’t even know it because our site has still been chugging along expertly but I (Machelle) have been basically completely absent from it for like three weeks. Malissa has done this all on her own and kept up three plus posts a week along with everything that entails all month. She deserves a round of applause! And like a really big cupcake. Hear that Mal? Go to Baked and Wired tonight mmmk?
No seriously, I have been busting through finals this month while also taking a whole week off to go have an amazing time in Cabo San Lucas with my husband. It’s been a crazy, busy month; full time student while full time mom is no joke. But I also had some fun and I’m just grateful Malissa is so supportive and awesome! Now I’m ready to go full crafty on you! :)
So speaking of cupcakes and Mexico! Are you ready for some super easy cacti cupcakes, perfect for your Cinco De Mayo Fiestas!? (Umm Hello May already!??) While on a excursion in Mexico I learned some pretty frightening cacti facts but don’t worry! Those cacti weren’t flowering towers of frosting on a chocolate bed so I’m pretty sure you’ll be safe with these ones ;)
- Chocolate cupcakes //
- Buttercream frosting //
- White cupcake liners //
- Cookie scoop //
- Green our punch straws //
- Piping bag and tips or icing flowers
1. Bake your favorite chocolate cupcakes. I actually just used a Betty Crocker box but I did something a little different with my ingredients. I swapped the vegetable oil for melted coconut oil and the 3 eggs for 3 tbsp flax seed meal and 9 tbsp water. Yeah that’s a thing and it worked and honestly, these were the best box mix cupcakes I’ve ever had! Which is actually kind of disappointing..cus I ate them all.
2. Whip up some buttercream frosting and color it green, reserve a little and dye it varying shades of pink, orange or yellow.
3. Use a cookie scoop to get a nice little mound of green frosting.
4. Cut your sour punch straws into little pieces and stick them into the mound all around.
5. Use the pink and yellow frostings in a piping bag with a flower tip and pipe little flowers on top and kind of off to the sides of the tops.
My husband and I will be having a little Cinco De Mayo fiesta tonight with our friends, will you be hosting anything special and yummy this week to celebrate?