I miss sprinkled donuts. I’ve been doing a Whole 30 this month and I am loving it and how I feel but I still hear Dunkin’ Donuts calling my name almost daily. I can’t have them on this healthy eating diet but you know what I can have? Eggs. So you know, I just made my eggs look like donuts and that was pretty fun too.
Not strawberry-flavored icing fun but fun in an arts and crafts kind of way! And I think it’s a pretty cute way to display your eggs whether it’s for Easter, a donut birthday party or just because you miss real donuts too.
- Hard boiled eggs //
- Egg dye in tan, brown and pink //
- Circle stickers //
- Multi colored permanent markers //
1. Hard boil your eggs.
2. Attach circle stickers to the middle of the wider end of the egg. I used the avery colored dot stickers that you can easily find at any big box store or the dollar store.
3. Dye your eggs tan. I combined a little bit of red and green food coloring in a solution of 1/2 cup boiling water, 1 tsp vinegar and let the eggs sit in it for only about 1 minute.
4. When they dry, dip them into pink and brown coloring (I added a lot more red and green to get a dark brown). I just held them for about 30 seconds with just the tip submerged.
5. When they dry, remove the stickers and use multiple colors of permanent markers to draw little flecks around the pink and brown circles to look like sprinkles!