It’s high time for another Animal Cookie DIY don’t you think?! And I really love this one! It’s a perfect little gift or party favor or prize for party games! That may or may not be what I’m using them for… ;)
You can barely tell the difference between these charms and the real thing huh? :D Seriously though, these are easy as pie to make and you can get a ton from just one little package of clay so that makes them a really frugal and practical piece of jewelry.
- White and pink clay //
- Acrylic paints in orange, yellow, sky blue, purple, green and red //
- Small paintbrush //
- Mini animal cookie cutters //
- Rolling pin //
- Awl //
- Clear glaze
I got these cookie cutters at a kitchen supply store but I found an even better set for this on Amazon!
1. Roll your clay out to a out 1/8″ and then use the cutters to cut out some shapes.
2. Use an awl or something pointy to make holes in the top middle of each.
3. Use the end of your little paintbrush to make little indents all over your animals.
4. Roll a bunch of little balls from both colors and then place them in the dents.
5. Bake according to package directions.
6. After cooling, use your paints to randomly paint the dots different colors.
7. I used a clear spray to coat them and make them look more professional but this step isn’t totally necessary. It does make the “sprinkles” better attached though so I’d recommend it.
8. Attach rings to the holes and string chains through.
Cute little gifts or party favors!!
We’ll be handing these out at my daughter’s one year birthday party in a couple weeks and I’ll definitely be keeping one for her for when she is older! I just love wearing the cutest little cookie around my neck!