Today I’m sharing how I made the picnic blanket for my 4th of July Picnic. And let me tell you it is really fast- the whole thing took less than one hour. Plus, no sewing! I can get behind that.
- Canvas Drop Cloth //
- Paint (Martha Stewart Plaid) or other fabric paint //
- Felt //
- Paper plate or cardboard //
- Scissors //
- Foam Sheet //
- Acrylic block (or cardboard)
1. Lay out the drop cloth and gather your supplies:
2. Trace a triangle on the top of one of the foam sheets and cut out.
3. Peel the backing off of the foam sheet and place on top of a of an acrylic block. If you do two or three layers of foam, it is much easier to stamp.
4. Create your stamp pad. See this tutorial for detailed step-by-step instructions!
5. Press the stamp unto the felt with even pressure. Check to make sure the triangle is evenly coated
6. Press the stamp down on the drop cloth. I started on the top left corner and worked my way down doing two rows at a time. I alternated rows using a half-brick pattern
7. Continue stamping and don’t worry about perfection.
8. Wait for the paint to dry and press with an iron.
9. Go have a picnic!