Here in the U.S. peony season is over :( I am beyond obsessed with these large, petal-filled flowers so when I stop seeing beautiful ones at the farmer’s market it’s really a loss. But these fake ones aren’t half bad so I nabbed a few at the store the other day.
I’m in full on Christmas mode though so these couldn’t just be displayed, oh no! I needed to make them festive! The perfect solution was these simple ornaments. They fill out my tiny side table tree perfectly but a large tree filled with them would be to die for too! If you’re looking for an easy way to decorate your tree with big impact that won’t cost you a fortune, this is the answer!
We decked ours out a little with glitter and beads but you can even skip that step for something as easy as cut and stick! Really, what could be easier? And at this time of year don’t we all need a little ridiculously easy-ness?? Click the Continue Reading button to see just how we accomplished this look and more pictures!
- fake peony flowers //
- wire cutters //
- glue //
- glitter //
- beads //
1. Cut your flowers off their stems. If you wanted to be done here, just stick them throughout your tree! But, if you want to jazz up those centers a little bit, keep reading!
2. Panda Hall sent us these jade beads and we’ve been looking for an excuse to use them everywhere! Their site is running an amazing sale right now and you can snatch up a ton of wholesale jewelry finds for super cheap! Any glitter will work here but we went with a gold. When in doubt, go gold right?
3. Apply a dab of glue, any kind will work, right in the middle of your flowers and sprinkle some glitter on.
4. Allow glue/glitter to dry and then glue a bead on and allow that to dry as well.
5. Simply stick them throughout your tree! If they need extra help staying put, you can poke a wire ornament hanger through one of the more hidden back petals and then hang that on the tree. But ours hasn’t seen any problems, we just kind of nudged them in, making room in the branches, and they haven’t budged!
You could go for a collection of flowers that would look absolutely stunning as well! And, if you were hosting a part and just needed a temporary tree decor idea, can you even imagine how gorgeous a tree full of real flowers would be?! Think a bunch of tiny trees as centerpieces bedecked with an assortment of fresh flowers, maybe even poinsettias! What a wonderful and festive twist on the floral centerpiece that would be! Someone please do it!!
For now, we’re happy with our fake flower tree that’ll last us all season and we can re-decorate with next year! What do you think?