This is about the time of year where I start freaking out because fall is almost over. I mean it just started and it already is slipping by! Luckily, most places still have leaves on the trees and haven’t entered winter temperatures quite yet. And we still can keep leaves and fall-y things around until Thanksgiving, right?
This simple mobile has all of my favorite fall colors, I just love it!
- Embroidery hoop //
- Twine //
- Scissors //
- Hot glue gun //
- leaves (at least a dozen) //
- flowers (at least a dozen) //
- Ceiling hook //
- Lace/ribbon/twine/embroidery floss //
1. Take the embroidery hoop and dab a little bit of hot glue to any part of the hoop. Place the edge of twine on the glue to secure.
2. Wrap the twine around the hoop and continue until the entire hoop is covered. Add a little bit of hot glue to the end to secure. You could also use ribbon or lace and if I had lace I probably would have used that!
3. Gather your flowers and leaves (I used a fall assortment of mums from Whole Foods). Use embroidery floss/ribbon/lace/twine to wrap a knot on the stems of the leaves and flowers.
4. Wrap the twine/floss around the hoop or use hot glue to secure it to the inside of the hoop. I wanted to use my twine but it was too thick and rough to hold a good knot around the leaf stems so I used white embroidery floss. Continue doing this and alternating lengths of floss around the entire hoop.
5. Take the floss and cut two pieces about 4 inches longer than the width of the hoop. Take one and tie a knot on two sides of the hoop directly across from each other. Repeat with the other.
6. Cut another long piece of floss and put it in between the criss-cross and tie a knot on the top. Use this to hang the mobile on a ceiling hook.
I am really loving the fall colors here! Just look at the variation and vibrance. Never leave fall. You are delightful.
I wanted to use the mobile for a treat table. Just imagine having this or a few of these guys hanging above pumpkin pies at Thanksgiving! Swoon. Also, these would be perfect for a brunch.
Beautiful, Makes me happy just looking at it!!! Life is good, and Beautiful.