Here is another fun and simple geometric wall art idea. This literally takes no art skills whatsoever and even has a little dimension which I love as well. You can use the colors I used (free downloads below) or choose any colors or color palette that suits your needs. And you can add additional squares to fill up any section of the wall needed.
- 20 x 30 inch foam board //
- Sticker Paper//
- Triangles (download here, here and here) //
- Ruler //
- Utility Knife //
1. Take the foam board/sheet and use a ruler to trace a grid the height and width you want the final squares or rectangles to be. The prints work with 4×4 squares but you could resize them if needed. Using the 4×4 you can have at least 30 squares (leaving room for some small mess-ups you discard) using just one board.
2. Use a ruler and a utility knife to cut the foam board. I have found this to be the easiest way to cut through the board and it really is easy if you have the ruler to guide you.
3. Print out the triangles unto the sticker paper and cut out. Place one triangle on each square as shown in the photo. You may have to trim the squares a little bit at this point so use the ruler and utility knife to trim off excess as needed.
Hand up the squares! I actually just used plain tape since the foam is so light and they are still holding up great! Command strips would also work well too.