Modern Legs sent me these amazingly beautiful hairpin legs that I could not wait to use to build a side table with! Seriously go check them out, they have the best selection of hairpin legs ever!
I am all about the easy furniture projects. Partly because I have limited space, but mainly because of my carpentry skills. So this project is totally doable for any skill level yet it is perfect for my space and looks gorgeous when finished.
- Wood cut into: 2 18×24″ pieces and 2 24×6″ pieces (I bought one 24×48″ piece and had Home Depot cut it for me //
- 4 Hairpin legs – 22″ //
- Wood glue //
- Screws //
- Copper Spray Paint //
- Painter’s tape //
- Sandpaper or a sanding sponge //
- Optional: wood stain (I used this one) //
1. Tape off the hairpin legs a few inches from the bottom (any height you want the copper to be). Take the spray paint and do two coats on the bottom part of the legs.
2. Place one of the 18×24″ pieces on the ground and coat wood glue on both of the edges like below.
3. Place the two 24×6″ pieces on top of the wood glue. I then added a little bit more wood glue in the inside but I do not think that was necessary.
4. Once the glue has dried, goal the tops of the smaller pieces with wood glue and place the last large pice on top. You may want to place some books or other weights on top of the table at this point while it is drying since the wood might not be all completely even.
5. Sand the wood down!
6. Do two to three coats of stain. I did two and just used a paper towel to apply the stain.
7. Wait for the stain to dry and then place all four legs in the corners and screw them in.
Here is a close-up of the legs:
I have this right next to our couch and love it! And I love having extra space to place books. I would probably have made the sides 4″ or boughten slightly smaller legs to make it completely even with the couch since it is about 2 inches to tall. But I still love it!
[…] blog is full of playful crafts and gorgeous DIYs. Here are a few favorites to get you started: DIY Copper Dipped Hairpin Leg Table || Mini Mylar Letter Balloons || DIY Copper Pipe Bookcase Be sure to follow a Joyful […]