Mobiles are not just for nurseries! They are totally perfect for party decor and now that I have realized that, you may be seeing a lot more mobiles on the blog. First up, birthday candle mobiles!
These are so simple and bright and cheerful. I paired them with yellow daisies because what is a happier flower? The only word of caution here is that the candles and string tend to get tied up in one another if you are not careful, which is why some of my mobiles are not as full of candles as I was originally planning.
- Birthday Candles (I used 48) //
- Nylon string //
- Scissors //
- Wooden embroidery hoops //
- Wrapping paper //
- Glue Stick //
- Ceiling hook (to hang) //
1. Take your wrapping paper and cup several strips about 3/4 inches wide. I used 5 strips per embroidery hoop.
2. Use a glue stick to coat the embroidery hoop. Just do a small section at a time and wrap the paper around the hoop carefully. Make sure that after each loop you use the glue stick to coat the wood and part of the paper too.
3. Take your birthday candles and use thicker nylon string to wrap around the top of each candle. Use a double knot to secure. Then wrap the string around the embroidery hoop and tie a double knot around the hoop. Continue until you have placed as many candles as you want on the hoop.
4. Next, hang up your mobile using a ceiling hook.
I actually had all the materials on hand which was amazing- you may need to buy candles or thicker string but that is probably it! Now enjoy your party mobiles (just please please don’t light the candles)!