I am of the opinion that you need balloons at any birthday celebration. But sometimes you want a softer, more feminine party that is less about the traditional birthday decor. And that is where this balloon number decor comes in! This would be just perfect for a girl’s birthday party and is so easy to customize by just switching out the flowers and colors.
- Water balloons //
- Balloon pump //
- Tape (double-sided is best) //
- Flowers (any that you like I used daisies, babies breath and carnations)
1. Use the balloon pump to blow up your water balloons. I used 8 to make the number 2 and did them in all pink.
2. Use double-sided sticky tape to secure the balloons to the wall in the shape of whatever number you are doing. You might want to trace this lightly beforehand using a pencil but I just eyeballed it.
3. Once you have the number all up start to decorate with the flowers. I cut them a little bit below the flower head, leaving a little bit of the stem. Then I used tape right over the stem and then secure the flowers with the tape behind the balloons.
Putting this up took a little trial and error with the tape and securing the flowers. Using the tape on the stem was the best method I found for hanging them up. And if you just use scotch tape that would work but the work would be less secure and you don’t want flowers or balloons randomly falling on your desserts or presents!