I love tutorials where I get to showcase my baby’s bum! haha! But really, it’s so cute right?
I also love harem pants so I’ve been whipping some up for Stella using some fun prints like these ones. A soft jersey or organic cotton works best because theres a little stretch to them but a variety of fabrics will work and this pattern (available from newborn to 3T sizes) really is so simple! Just a few seams and you’re done! Trust me, even if you’re uncomfortable in front of a sewing machine, you can do this! Beginners feel no fear!
**UPDATE** I revisited this post here, providing all new patterns for those who have had problems with these ones! I also updated the patterns on this post so you can grab them both places and they should work much better! :)
- 1/4-1/2 yard fabric (all our prints available here) //
- Elastic //
- Sewing machine //
- Pattern //
- Scissors //
- Matching thread
1.Choose the appropriate size pattern, cut out two pant pieces and two cuff pieces that you’ll then fold in half.
2. Put pant pieces right sides together and sew down the legs, on the outside and and around the whole half circle inside.
3. Pin your elastic (measure your little’s waist for the right size. I used 17″ for Stella who is in 12-18 size clothes) and sew it on.
4. Fold the elastic down on the inside of the pants and sew that down.
6. Sew along this bottom.
7. Sew the cuff together, matching the seam to where the pant leg goes in.
8. Clip all threads off and turn the cuffs down. That’s it!!
It is really really hard to get pictures of this little girl. She is in constant movement!! Which is why these pants are so great, they are comfy and easy for babies to move around in. And, obviously, super cute too! Happy Sewing!
**NOTE. If you need reference for how it fits together, see the 0-3 month size pattern which is all on one page and pay attention to my process photos for how it all looks when cut.