Are you ready for animal cookie party DIYs?! A lot of them have already been posted here during this last year of preparation for Stella’s one year party. I wasn’t technically prepping for this party for a year (don’t worry!) but I knew I wanted to do it so I gradually did little projects as I went.
This punch game though is one of my favorites! I didn’t want Stella’s party to be too circusy themed even though they’re called “circus animal cookies”. I love circus parties but I’ve done one before, along with everyone else! So I wanted this party to be more unique. I did want some carnival-y games though! These games were a huge hit with all the little kiddos! I had 5 games plus a piñata and I spent only $100 on all of that; prizes, candy, supplies, everything! This game probably cost around $15 because I filled a lot of the slots with $1 prizes, but you could do it for even less if you filled them with prizes that came 5+ to a package. Dollar Tree is the best place to shop for making and filling this game.
I love this game cus it’s not really a matter of talent or luck, the kids just simply punch through the tissue paper and claim their prize!
- Rhino Template //
- 3 foam boards (Dollar Tree is the best price) //
- Multi colored tissue paper //
- Hot glue and gun //
- Tape //
- Xacto knife //
- Small prizes //
- Paper cups
1. Combine two foam boards by hot glueing them together and then re-enforcing with tape. Make this strong so it doesn’t bust against the power of someone’s punch!
2. Print out template. The first page is just for reference so when you cut out all the pieces you can fit them together.
3. Assemle and trace.
4. Use X-acto knife to cut out. I found leaning the part I was cutting off the table made this the easiest.
5. Trace your cups randomly on the back of your rhino.
6. Use X-acto knife to cut these out but a little smaller than the circle so your cup with have a place to be glued to.
7. Cut a bunch of squares from tissue paper.
8. Glue tissue paper over each hole.
9. Fill cups with prizes (animal cookie necklaces here)
10. Glue the cups over each tissue paper square and hole.
11. I made a little stand for it from another piece of foam board. Divide the board evenly into 5 long pieces, cut,then glue game onto it and fit the other pieces around it with hot glue to form a rectangle.
Have fun claiming your goodies!! The DIY can be used to make any shape of punch game but of course an animal cookie was perfect for our event :)
[…] Tutorial at A Joyful Riot Blog […]
[…] can find the DIYs for that rhino punch game here, my animal cookie piñata here, the fun animal cookie marquee light here, and the animal cookie […]
[…] can find the DIYs for that rhino punch game here, my animal cookie piñata here, the fun animal cookie marquee light here, the animal cookie […]
[…] DIY Animal Cookie Punch Game | A Joyful Riot […]