If I had to choose one party item to be my favorite, I definitely think I would choose confetti poppers! I also one time got a silly string machine gun thing that was pretty awesome. But I’d rather clean up confetti than silly string any day plus they’re also noisemakers and they have that dose of surprise cus you never know the exact moment they’re gonna blow!
I love all confetti poppers, they come in so many shapes and sizes, but these twisty ones are pretty great because you can reassemble them and keep on using them! This craft makes use of that and has you decorate them all Valentine-y!
I know I keep getting excited about all the Valentine ideas we have done here so far but really truly if someone gave me a confetti popper that shot out cupid’s arrow and a bunch of confetti, I think I would drop everything and make them my Valentine forever.
- Twist confetti poppers //
- Confetti (grab this conversation heart kind here or make or buy your own) //
- Paper for making arrows //
- Twine //
- Free printable Valentine wrappers //
- Scissors //
- Hot glue (optional) //
1. Cut little arrows out of paper. I used glitter paper but any would be fine. Write little messages on them!
2. Disassemble your popper by shooting it off of course! Don’t waste a perfectly good blast of confetti! :) Once you’ve shot it you can pull the bottom part away from the top section completely and then remove the wrapper.
3. Hot glue your twine to your arrows and then hot glue them to the inside canister. It doesn’t necessarily have to be attached to the canister but it’ll be one less thing for your valentine to pick up.
4. Reassemble the popper by pushing the inside stick part into the hole in the inside canister then twist it to remain in place. Then you can put the outside canister back on.
5. Fill with confetti.
6. Use the tops that came with the poppers to trace and cut out little circles to place on top of the poppers.
7. Apply your wrappers and fold them over the circle on top. I used adhesive paper because its easiest and is strong enough to be sturdy but also weak enough to still allow the confetti to pop. But you can use normal printer paper and just glue it on.
Won’t you be the most popular kid in class (ahem, person at work..) when you hand these puppies out??! CONFETTI EVERYWHERE!!!
Or use them as party favors! Or even party invitations!!