The DIY marquee light is probably one of the greatest things to ever happen right?! And this version is not only super easy and super cheap but its super cute! At least I, in my animal-cookie-obsessed world, think so!
The lights stand in for sprinkles and I’m obsessed with the cheery pinkness of it! Off or on it’s pretty delightful to look at and I just cannot decide where its final resting place in my house should be, I kind of want to see it everywhere I go! Wanna make one? It’s not hard! Click through to see how!
- Foam board //
- Poster board //
- Globe lights-I used a multi-colored strand and then bought a set of replacement bulbs in frosted white and clear to be yellow and white sprinkles //
- Hobby knife //
- Hot glue gun or tape //
- Spray paint-I used Krylon ballet slipper //
- Large giraffe outline //
Grab the outline for this giant giraffe right here:
3. Cut strips of poster board 3.5″ wide then mark 2″ in on each one.
4. Use the 2″ in line as a guide and hot glue or tape your poster board onto the foam board shape.
5. Spray paint your animal. Though animal cookies are really bright pink, I wanted this one to be light! I just thought it would look cuter and I couldn’t be happier but choose whatever color works for you! You could even do green, brown or white since animal cookies come in all those varieties!
6. Now stick the bulbs through the holes and screw the cord onto them from the back. Arrange them in any order you’d like!
I haven’t decided yet where this will belong but so far it’s keeping the corner of my craft room very cheery!
Laurel (@abubblylife) says
This is the best thing ever.
Oh you are the nicest Laurel!
Alexis @ Persia Lou says
I love this so, so much! If you had a second to come by and link up with us at The Makers link party that would be amazing. :)
Thanks so much Alexis!! I added it to The Makers earlier today! :)
Heather Pead says
Heather you are always the sweetest!!
So adorable! Would love to know where you got your globe lights. I’ve been ttying to find some nice ones for awhile now. Thanks!
I’m so sorry I didn’t reply sooner! I got them at Target actually during the holiday season but I know they always sell the clear ones online so maybe they also have the multi ones all the time?
I also did a DIY for globe lights but honestly they don’t show up all that well when it’s not dark so they may not be right for your project, but maybe they will!
What a clever idea!! I love it!
Thank you Casey!!
I made a giraffe, love it. I giggle every time I walk into my living room, (which is full of Girafes). And tonight I am making an elephant for a bday gift. Soo excited!
Oh my gosh that makes me SO happy! If you can email us a picture, I would LOVE that! ajoyfulriot at gmail dot com
And if you need an outline for the elephant, I have one made you can pull from this post and just resize how you need it :)