The DIY marquee light is probably one of the greatest things to ever happen right?! And this version is not only super easy and super cheap but its super cute! At least I, in my animal-cookie-obsessed world, think so!
The lights stand in for sprinkles and I’m obsessed with the cheery pinkness of it! Off or on it’s pretty delightful to look at and I just cannot decide where its final resting place in my house should be, I kind of want to see it everywhere I go! Wanna make one? It’s not hard! Click through to see how!
- Foam board //
- Poster board //
- Globe lights-I used a multi-colored strand and then bought a set of replacement bulbs in frosted white and clear to be yellow and white sprinkles //
- Hobby knife //
- Hot glue gun or tape //
- Spray paint-I used Krylon ballet slipper //
- Large giraffe outline //
Grab the outline for this giant giraffe right here:
3. Cut strips of poster board 3.5″ wide then mark 2″ in on each one.
4. Use the 2″ in line as a guide and hot glue or tape your poster board onto the foam board shape.
5. Spray paint your animal. Though animal cookies are really bright pink, I wanted this one to be light! I just thought it would look cuter and I couldn’t be happier but choose whatever color works for you! You could even do green, brown or white since animal cookies come in all those varieties!
6. Now stick the bulbs through the holes and screw the cord onto them from the back. Arrange them in any order you’d like!
I haven’t decided yet where this will belong but so far it’s keeping the corner of my craft room very cheery!