I love this floral paper! Let’s use it to make a fun little book/journal.
- Book (pick one up from a thrift store) //
- Plain printer paper //
- Embroidery Floss //
- Awl //
- Ruler //
- Scissors //
- Needle //
- Scrapbook paper //
- Hot glue gun //
1. Cut out the paper from the thrift book by taking your scissors right next to the spine and cutting where the inside page is connected.
2. Place any paper of your choice down (I chose a floral pattern in 12×12) and place the book cover on top to measure.
4. Measure the length you want the paper to be inside the book. I ended up trimming off a little over an inch.
8. Start sewing using embroidery floss and a needle. Start in the middle inside the pages and then along the outside to the next hole.
9. Once you have taken the needle through the second hole, wrap the thread around the edge of the booklet to the inside again. Then go back to where you started, to the outside, inside the next hole and around the edge again (it is an S pattern). You will end up at the middle where you started. Once you come back to the middle, loop the thread around itself to create a knot in the center.
10. Repeat with the next set of booklets. Once you have sewn to the total amount of pages you want, you are ready to finish off the book. I ended up covering the inside of the book with coordinating paper, but you can leave it plain as well.
Your new book is complete! You could also use scrapbook papers for the inside or graph of lined paper as well. This one will be my next journal! And I feel like I say this a lot, but this would make a great gift :)