Well hello summer! It really just sprung right up on us suddenly and I couldn’t be happier :) Growing up, we always took family road trip vacations every summer. Sometimes really long ones, like three weeks long, and sometimes just for a weekend. One of the things I remember very vividly about those trips is how hard it was to manage my hair! It can be rough to figure out how to manage changing climates and days full of sight seeing while still looking good for those inevitable photos.
So with summer here, and travel destination on our minds, we’ve decided to put together a list of some simple and fabulous hairdos that are perfect for any trip! You know those days where the beach turns into shopping turns into dinner turns into a party? Yeah, we’ve got styles here to cover those days! This list is full of pretty ideas to keep those locks out of your eyes but still present enough to make you picture pretty. Perfect!
1.Hats. Ok, I guess we’re not technically starting this list with a hairstyle so much as a hair accessory but seriously, hats are a traveling girls best friend because they can go over any hairstyle! They make windy days a non-worry and they are appropriate for beaches or chilly climates and everything in between.
2. Side ponies can be super fancy or really laid back, so they’re perfect for those traveling days in which you go from beach to party.
3. Wrap a scarf around your bun. Scarves can seriously add so much to a nothing ‘do and there are literally like endless ways you can tie them up there! Not to mention, endless scarf options on the market!
4. Shaped clips add a little fun to a knotted half up do. The up do is cute in itself but we love this triangle clip!
5. This bubble pony is a slight upgrade from the popular style of my childhood :) but seriously, jazzing up a pony is sometimes all you need on that 4th day of just trying to keep it outta the way!
6. Side french braids have long since been one of my very favorite ‘dos! I love them for working days in the summer because its a fancy (but easy) way to keep that hair out of your way and that’s why they’re so perfect for travel days as well.
7. Half up top knots are perfect for any length and any amount of curl/wave/straightness. I have to say I love this trend for my thin hair and I’ve never seen a half up top knot I didn’t like.
8. Get bangs out of the way with a short and sweet braid. Nothing too fancy, just enough to let your face breathe and be seen in photographs while the rest of your locks flow free.
9. A side french braid that keeps hair altogether but also front and fancy for pictures. This one turns into a fish tail braid, but theres no need to go that far with the style. What I love about this version is that the braid stays right up by your face which keeps hair in the photos in such a beautiful way.
10. This simple slightly twisted pony with multiple ties is a great way to spruce up that tail you may have been rocking for the whole trip..
11. Another way to add depth and fun to that pony, with an embedded little braid.
12. Messy buns will always be always be in my travel day hairstyle book. Nothing is easier to fix on the go and it’s so versatile! Even those of us with shorter/thinner hair can accomplish a decent messy bun. And that’s a beautiful thing.
13. Just throw one side of your hair a half side french braid and pair it will a deep part. This look can range from super glamorous to faux-shaved-side-casual and that’s why is perfect for your days out on the town.
14. Two simple braids from the front is quick and easy and perfect for less humid climates.
Are you planning any summer trips yet? In July Malissa and I will meet up for a couple of days just in Southern Utah with a bunch of our other family members and we’re so excited! I am POSITIVE a few of these styles will make an appearance that weekend. Do you think you’d try any of these? Do you have a go-to travel favorite hairstyle? We wanna know! Tell us in the comments :D